This beautiful journey will take you from the Norwegian town of Alesund, across the North Sea, to Edinburgh in Scotland. During 10 days on board you will enjoy every aspect of sailing, from pulling on lines to steering the vessel, and will get your sea legs. You will also make new friends with the international trainees on board and have plenty of adventurous stories to tell! Official language on board is German. In addition extra, per person € 50, – for harbor fees, pilotage and canal feescalculated. Surcharge for 2-bed cabin 25% p.p. For all Windseekers, minimum age 18 years.
Ålesund is an intimate harbor amongst beautiful fjords, mountains and islands. Consisting out of seven islands, Ålesund is a modern city. In 1904 the city, once built largely of wood, was completely burned down by a sea of flames. After a period of planning, the town was rebuilt in stone, brick, and mortar in Jugendstil. Visit the Atlantic Sea Park on a rainy day or, if the weather is nice, go to the Sunnmoere Museum to see historic Norwegian houses and Viking relics.
Edinburgh is the capital city of Scotland, inhabited by about half a million people. The Old Town and New Town are jointly considered the UNESCO World Heritage Site. The city is a home to many festivals and events and the entertainment options are aboundant. Visit the Royal Yacht Britannia to see how the English Queen used to sail, or hike up Arthur's Seat, a hill whose summit provides a dramatic panorama of the Old Town.
Dates: 30 August 2018 - 9 September 2018
Embarkation: 16:00 / Disembarkation: 10:00
For Windseekers of all ages, minimum age 18 years
Windseekers joining: maximum 54
No sailing experience required!
Official language on board: German
Price includes: accommodation and meals, excludes drinks at the bar
Price excludes transportation costs to-and from the ports. Our travel counsellor can advise you and book your transfers
Windseekers need to have a health insurance and a travel insurance
Need to take with you on board: towels
Lieven (23) Belgium
"Setting sails: always fantastic."
Boukje (15) Netherlands
"I felt like a free human. Everything I did felt so good."
Ang (25) Malaysia
"I conquered the fear of climbing up high."
You sail on theAlexander von Humboldt II
Alexander von Humboldt II
The Alexander von Humboldt II is a sail training ship in every possible way. She was built by and for sail trainers. She meets high safety standards and has modern nautical and technical facilities. The permanent crew members are specially …
– by Charlotte (26, UK) and Pernille (20, Denmark)
We were lucky as a watch this morning and didn’t go on sail watch until 8am. Some people had to get up to make breakfast but the rest of us enjoyed our lie in and were bright eyed and eager. …
Morgenster, EU Exchange 2016
Logbook, part three: the Blue Watch
Day 3 – 01/08/2016
Temperature: 22 degrees Celsius
Speed: 4.5 knots
Bearing: 277 degrees
Today we woke up at 3:50 in the morning, put on our clothes and went up on deck. We joined the white …
* Last places available - contact firstname.lastname@example.org before booking * Leaving A Coruña, you will sail the Bay of Biscay. Its deep waters show us often a lot of sea mammals, such as dolphins and whales.You will visit a lovely …
* Last places available - contact email@example.com before booking * You´ll start this trip in Horta (island Faial) and sail south of Piconone of the easternmost islands of the Azores. On this beautiful island you have the time to hike …
Santiago de Cuba (CU) - Bermuda (BM) - Azores (PT)
13 June - 13 July 2018
* Last places available - contact firstname.lastname@example.org before booking * Immerse yourself in the ocean swell, let everything just go and enjoy the blue sky, ocean life, the peaceful atmosphere and pleasant company. First you'll sail from Santiago de Cuba …
Galápagos Islands (EC) - Panama (PA) - Santiago de Cuba (CU)
19 May - 06 June 2018
* Last place in a female cabin available - contact email@example.com before booking * This is a journey with many highlights! You start in the Galápagos Islands, in the port of Santa Cruz, where the Anne-Margaretha is anchored. The trip …