* Places at request * Escape to Madeira. Board Alexander von Humboldt II in Alicante, Spain, and sail the Mediterranean Sea and through the Strait of Gibraltar before reaching the Atlantic Ocean. Once on the ocean you will set the course south-west for the Portugese island of Madeira. This journey has it all: sea, ocean, continental Europe and remote island, beautiful ports and lots of sailing – all in the beautiful weather, so different from the north of Europe in November. Languages on board are mainly German and English. In addition extra, per person € 50, – for harbor fees, pilotage and canal feescalculated. Surcharge for 2-bed cabin 25% p.p. For all Windseekers, minimum age 18 years.
Alicante is a port city on the Costa Blanca, Mediterranean coast of Spain. Climb up to the 16-century Castle of Santa Barbara for a great view over the city and take a stroll through the lively Explanada de Espana with its many cafes and restaurants. Visit Barrio Santa Cruz for a taste of authentic local culture and if you love everything sailing-related don't miss the Volvo Ocean Race Museum.
Funchal is the capital of the Portugese Madeira Autonomous Region in the Atlantic. Vistit Quinta das Cruzes – an old Madeiran manor house turned museum, lively local market Mercado dos Lavradores and botanical garden Jardins Botânicos da Madeira. If you're looking for a thrill of an adventure you must take a ride in the Toboggan – a wooden sled that guided by the drivers who will push you down steep hills.
Dates: 29 November 2017 - 11 December 2017
Embarkation: 16:00 / Disembarkation: 10:00
For Windseekers of all ages, minimum age 18 years
Windseekers joining: 0
No sailing experience required!
Official language on board: English and German
Price includes: accommodation and meals, excludes drinks at the bar
Price excludes transportation costs to-and from the ports. Our travel counsellor can advise you and book your transfers
Windseekers need to have a health insurance and a travel insurance
Need to take with you on board: towels
Contact your fellow-Windseekers via Windseeker facebook
You will sleep in a bunk/cabin
Christopher (16) England
"I LEARNED THAT I COULD DO THINGS THAT I COULD HAVE NEVER DONE BEFORE"
"When anchored at sea in the sun, I had not a care in the world"
Phillip (24) France
"Working in a team is a skill I really improved on board during the watches"
You sail on theAlexander von Humboldt II
Alexander von Humboldt II
The Alexander von Humboldt II is a sail training ship in every possible way. She was built by and for sail trainers. She meets high safety standards and has modern nautical and technical facilities. The permanent crew members are specially …
The Tecla is currently participating in the Race of the Classics for Young Professionals. This is a race that is organized every year in the autumn.
Yesterday the 24 participating vessels left the Veerhaven in Rotterdam, sailing in parade they went …
* Last places available - contact email@example.com before booking * Leaving A Coruña, you will sail the Bay of Biscay. Its deep waters show us often a lot of sea mammals, such as dolphins and whales.You will visit a lovely …
* Last places available - contact firstname.lastname@example.org before booking * You´ll start this trip in Horta (island Faial) and sail south of Piconone of the easternmost islands of the Azores. On this beautiful island you have the time to hike …
Santiago de Cuba (CU) - Bermuda (BM) - Azores (PT)
13 June - 13 July 2018
* Last places available - contact email@example.com before booking * Immerse yourself in the ocean swell, let everything just go and enjoy the blue sky, ocean life, the peaceful atmosphere and pleasant company. First you'll sail from Santiago de Cuba …
Galápagos Islands (EC) - Panama (PA) - Santiago de Cuba (CU)
19 May - 06 June 2018
* Last place in a female cabin available - contact firstname.lastname@example.org before booking * This is a journey with many highlights! You start in the Galápagos Islands, in the port of Santa Cruz, where the Anne-Margaretha is anchored. The trip …