* NO PLACES AVAILABLE ANYMORE * The Ship sails from Stanley on the Falkland Islands towards South Georgia. During this leg Europa can usually take advantage of the prevailing strong (and sometimes stormy) westerly winds making for a good crossing to South Georgia. You will be able to experience all the aspects of seaman’s life, including watch keeping, climbing the masts and classic navigation. In sailing the Europa, teamwork is the keyword. On board you learn the names of the hundreds of different lines and 30 sails. Everybody will experience the voyage differently. The horizon will sail with the ship day after day: wandering Albatrosses, dolphins who play in the bow wave, a waxing and waning moon, etcetera. If you have a bit more time at hand, combine this trip with some extra sailing days and join the ship in Montevideo. As you will not need a flight ticket to the Falklands that is budget proof solution for 18 extra days of sailing and exploring. Three night bed & breakfast on board when in Port Stanley is included in the special combination fare. Open for all Windseekers, minimum age 15 years.
Falkland Islands is a British overseas territory and an archipelago at the very south of South American continent. The breathtaking nature is the main reason for tourism, with amazing landscapes and numerous species of birds (including pinguins), seals and dolphins. Even if you're not much of a nature lover you will still find things to do. Check out the local woolen crafts – or join workshops to make some yourself; see a traditional dance performance and don't miss The Historic Dockyard Museum.
Ushuaia is commonly regarded as the most southern city in the World or 'El Fin del Mundo'. This Argentinian port is known as a starting point for expeditions to Antarctica. The city was originally built up around a prison in the early 20th century, but today tourists come to Ushuaia to visit the national park Tierra del Fuego, go skiing in the nearby mountains, or sail the Beagle canal. Ushuaias’ windy subpolar climate serves to reinforce the notion that you’re at the ‘end of the world’.
Falkland Islands (FK)
Dates: 18 November 2017 - 21 December 2017
Embarkation: 17:00 / Disembarkation: 9:00
For Windseekers of all ages, minimum age 15 years
Windseekers joining: maximum of 48
No sailing experience required!
Official language on board: English
Price includes: accommodation and meals, excludes drinks at the bar
Price excludes transportation costs to-and from the ports. Our travel counsellor can advise you and book your transfers
Windseekers need to have a health insurance and a travel insurance
Need to take with you on board: towels
Windseekers from the Netherlands need to become member of STAN
Contact your fellow-Windseekers via Windseeker facebook
You will sleep in a bunk/cabin
Mark Quirijn (24) Netherlands
"It has been a wonderful experience. And I have found two incredible friends."
Phillip (24) France
"Working in a team is a skill I really improved on board during the watches"
Stephanie (42) France
"I LEARNED THAT IT'S NEVER TOO LATE TO FIND A NEW PASSION IN LIFE."
You sail on theBark Europa
First class world wonderer. The Bark Europa has sailed every ocean and visited every continent. This three-master is equipped with a total of 30 sails and has participated in many Tall Ships' Races since 1994. In 2000 the Europa came …
In a way we’re having bad luck: the English Channel is an area with a lot of traffic. Unfortunately we cannot see it. On our last day at sea the temperature dropped till 7 degrees (above zero, fortunately) and the …
Our final day in the harbour was marked by a delightfully late breakfast, allowing everybody a proper recovery from the festivities of the prior day. The day was marked by the first happy hour of the journey, where every watch …
* Last places available - contact email@example.com before booking * Leaving A Coruña, you will sail the Bay of Biscay. Its deep waters show us often a lot of sea mammals, such as dolphins and whales.You will visit a lovely …
* Last places available - contact firstname.lastname@example.org before booking * You´ll start this trip in Horta (island Faial) and sail south of Piconone of the easternmost islands of the Azores. On this beautiful island you have the time to hike …
Santiago de Cuba (CU) - Bermuda (BM) - Azores (PT)
13 June - 13 July 2018
* Last places available - contact email@example.com before booking * Immerse yourself in the ocean swell, let everything just go and enjoy the blue sky, ocean life, the peaceful atmosphere and pleasant company. First you'll sail from Santiago de Cuba …
Galápagos Islands (EC) - Panama (PA) - Santiago de Cuba (CU)
19 May - 06 June 2018
* Last place in a female cabin available - contact firstname.lastname@example.org before booking * This is a journey with many highlights! You start in the Galápagos Islands, in the port of Santa Cruz, where the Anne-Margaretha is anchored. The trip …