This sailing voyage starts in Montevideo, the capital of Uruguay or Piriapolis, east of Montevideo with a connection by bus. The port of embarkation will be announced a few days before departure. The Bay of Montevideo forms a natural harbour, the nation’s largest and one of the largest in the Southern Cone, and the finest natural port in the region. Various streams criss-cross the town and empty into the Bay of Montevideo. Montevideo is the largest city, the capital, and the chief port of Uruguay. The settlement was established in 1726 by Bruno Mauricio de Zabala. Open for all Windseekers, minimum age 15 years.
Montevideo is the capital of Uruguay, situated on the north shore of Río de la Plata, the arm of the Atlantic Ocean that separates Uruguay from Argentina; with Buenos Aires on the other side. Visit the Ciudad Vieja with the city's oldest buildings, several museums, art galleries and the Mercado del Puerto. Walk over the Rambla, a coastal avenue. Go to Fortaleza del Cerro for a view over the bay. Walk through the botanical gardens of parque Prado. Enjoy the beach (13 km) or Uruguayan tango.
Falkland Islands is a British overseas territory and an archipelago at the very south of South American continent. The breathtaking nature is the main reason for tourism, with amazing landscapes and numerous species of birds (including pinguins), seals and dolphins. Even if you're not much of a nature lover you will still find things to do. Check out the local woolen crafts – or join workshops to make some yourself; see a traditional dance performance and don't miss The Historic Dockyard Museum.
Falkland Islands (FK)
Dates: 1 November 2017 - 16 November 2017
Embarkation: 17:00 / Disembarkation: 9:00
For Windseekers of all ages, minimum age 15 years
Windseekers joining: maximum of 48
No sailing experience required!
Official language on board: English
Price includes: accommodation and meals, excludes drinks at the bar
Price excludes transportation costs to-and from the ports. Our travel counsellor can advise you and book your transfers
One-off registration fee €25
Windseekers need to have a health insurance and a travel insurance
Need to take with you on board: towels
Windseekers from the Netherlands need to become member of STAN
Contact your fellow-Windseekers via Windseeker facebook
You will sleep in a bunk/cabin
Epp (20) Estonia
"The nicest moment WAS ARRIVING TO CADIZ, WHEN WE SAT ON THE MAST WITH THE ENTIRE TEAM, WEARING OUR TEAM SHIRTS AND SINGING LOUDLY TO LET PEOPLE KNOW WE'RE COMING."
"TAKE CHANCES. IF YOU DON'T TRY, YOU'LL NEVER KNOW."
You sail on theBark Europa
First class world wonderer. The Bark Europa has sailed every ocean and visited every continent. This three-master is equipped with a total of 30 sails and has participated in many Tall Ships' Races since 1994. In 2000 the Europa came …
All the things to do: maintenance on board, going for a walk down town, having a beach day, taking a taxi around the island, exploring neighbouring islands by ferry, going out to eat and drink... A jolly good time it was …
– by Charlotte (26, UK) and Pernille (20, Denmark)
We were lucky as a watch this morning and didn’t go on sail watch until 8am. Some people had to get up to make breakfast but the rest of us enjoyed our lie in and were bright eyed and eager. …
* Last places available - contact email@example.com before booking * Leaving A Coruña, you will sail the Bay of Biscay. Its deep waters show us often a lot of sea mammals, such as dolphins and whales.You will visit a lovely …
* Last places available - contact firstname.lastname@example.org before booking * You´ll start this trip in Horta (island Faial) and sail south of Piconone of the easternmost islands of the Azores. On this beautiful island you have the time to hike …
Santiago de Cuba (CU) - Bermuda (BM) - Azores (PT)
13 June - 13 July 2018
* Last places available - contact email@example.com before booking * Immerse yourself in the ocean swell, let everything just go and enjoy the blue sky, ocean life, the peaceful atmosphere and pleasant company. First you'll sail from Santiago de Cuba …
Galápagos Islands (EC) - Panama (PA) - Santiago de Cuba (CU)
19 May - 06 June 2018
* Last place in a female cabin available - contact firstname.lastname@example.org before booking * This is a journey with many highlights! You start in the Galápagos Islands, in the port of Santa Cruz, where the Anne-Margaretha is anchored. The trip …