New prices! Rendez Vous Regatta 2A. Leg Sines – Las Palmas. Join the Blue Clipper for this race South from Sines to Las Palmas. Join the festivities in Sines before a glorious parade of sail out of the port on Labour Day. We then head to the race start line, racing south along the coast of Portugal, and down the North West coast of Africa to the Canary Islands. Once the ship arrive in Las Palmas you will stay in the Hotel Puerto Canteras until your flight departure on the 12th or 13th May. As this is a race you could have up to 4 days in port in Las Palmas, giving you time to explore the city and Island. Open for all ages, minimum age 15 years.
Sines is a small Portugese city with a large port, famous for being the birthplace od Vasco da Gama. Formerly a fishing village, the town center retained its quiant atmosphere, despite fast-paced industrialisation. Today you can relax on ofe of the beautiful beaches or, if you feel like taking a walk, climp up to the XV-century castle and take in the beautiful vista.
Las Palmas de Gran Canaria is a cosmopolitan town, the shared capital (with Santa Cruz) of the Canary Islands. Situated on the ‘wet’ north side, the city feels more authentic than the touristy places on the ‘dry’ south side. Las Palmas offers beaches, cheap shopping, culture and excitement with a night life, primarily in the district of Vegueta. Its culture is decidedly Spanish, mixed with influences from all over the world, as Las Palmas’ port has been in operation for centuries.
Las Palmas de Gran Canaria (ES)
Dates: 30 April 2017 - 12 May 2017
Embarkation: 14:00 / Disembarkation: 10:00
For Windseekers of all ages, minimum age 15 years
Windseekers joining: maximum of 20
No sailing experience required!
Official language on board: English
Price includes: accommodation and meals, excludes drinks at the bar
Price excludes transportation costs to-and from the ports. Our travel counsellor can advise you and book your transfers
One-off registration fee €25
Windseekers need to have a health insurance and a travel insurance
Need to take with you on board: towels
French Windseekers need to become member of Les Amis des Grands Voiliers
Contact your fellow-Windseekers via Windseeker facebook
You will sleep in a bunk/cabin
Samantha (18) Australia
"I have learned that despite my small size, I can do anything if I put my mind to it."
Lieven (23) Belgium
"Setting sails: always fantastic."
Mark Quirijn (24) Netherlands
"It has been a wonderful experience. And I have found two incredible friends."
You sail on theBlue Clipper
Tall Ship Blue Clipper is a spacious and luxuriously furnished three masted Topsail Schooner. In the construction of the hull, modern elements are mixed with traditional ones, such as a clipper bow, an elegant yacht stern and a long ballast …
– by Charlotte (26, UK) and Pernille (20, Denmark)
We were lucky as a watch this morning and didn’t go on sail watch until 8am. Some people had to get up to make breakfast but the rest of us enjoyed our lie in and were bright eyed and eager. …
We are finalizing our chores. Tomorrow we will get new stores on board and then we are ready for departure to Valencia. On Wednesday we will welcome our guests on board who will sail with us to Cape Verde. What’s …
* Last places available - contact firstname.lastname@example.org before booking * Leaving A Coruña, you will sail the Bay of Biscay. Its deep waters show us often a lot of sea mammals, such as dolphins and whales.You will visit a lovely …
* Last places available - contact email@example.com before booking * You´ll start this trip in Horta (island Faial) and sail south of Piconone of the easternmost islands of the Azores. On this beautiful island you have the time to hike …
Santiago de Cuba (CU) - Bermuda (BM) - Azores (PT)
13 June - 13 July 2018
* Last places available - contact firstname.lastname@example.org before booking * Immerse yourself in the ocean swell, let everything just go and enjoy the blue sky, ocean life, the peaceful atmosphere and pleasant company. First you'll sail from Santiago de Cuba …
Galápagos Islands (EC) - Panama (PA) - Santiago de Cuba (CU)
19 May - 06 June 2018
* Last place in a female cabin available - contact email@example.com before booking * This is a journey with many highlights! You start in the Galápagos Islands, in the port of Santa Cruz, where the Anne-Margaretha is anchored. The trip …