From Andalusia to Galicia. Embark in a lively Cadiz and sail the Eye of the Wind up the Atlantic coast of Portugal until you reach Spanish A Coruña. This tour is discounted, because you’ll be sailing day and night at some point and won’t have that many stops in port, so if you’re looking for the maximum sailing time, this is the journey for you! Open for all Windseekers, minimum age 15 years.
The oldest city in Spain, with a wealth of historic landmarks. Water is never far away, as the old town is built on a narrow stretch of land jutting out into the Mediterranean Sea. Get lost in the Old town with its many narrow, winding streets and visit one of the many parks that dot the city. Its many cathedrals and plazas are also well worth a visit. Go to La Caleta beach, at La Viña, the old fisherman quarter. Go catch a Flamenco concert and feast your taste buds with the fresh sea foods.
A Coruña is a port town in the north west of Spain. Here you will find the Tower of Hercules, a lighthouse that has been in operation for 1.800 years! The town itself is an affluent commercial and tourism hub, with plenty of things to see and do. Visit the popular beaches, explore the city centre, or sample some of the many cultural activities. The Aquarium Finisterrae lets you explore the marine life of the region. But if you prefer your fish on a plate, A Coruña’s restaurants can help you out.
A Coruña (ES)
Dates: 22 March 2017 - 29 March 2017
Embarkation: 19:00 / Disembarkation: 10:00
For Windseekers of all ages, minimum age 15 years (age 12-15 at request)
Windseekers joining: maximum of 12
No sailing experience required!
Official language on board: English
Price includes: accommodation and meals, excludes drinks at the bar
Price excludes transportation costs to-and from the ports. Our travel counsellor can advise you and book your transfers
One-off registration fee €25
Windseekers need to have a health insurance and a travel insurance
Contact your fellow-Windseekers via Windseeker facebook
You will sleep in a bunk/cabin
Stephanie (42) France
"I LEARNED THAT IT'S NEVER TOO LATE TO FIND A NEW PASSION IN LIFE."
Piotr (22) Poland
"Worked together with different nationalities for a week was a life changing, hilarious experience."
Wietze (16) Netherlands
"Teamwork is the key"
You sail on theEye of the Wind
Eye of the Wind
More than 100 years ago a sailing legend came to life: in 1911, the German Lühring shipyard built a gaff schooner named Friedrich. In 1955 she ran aground in a heavy strom off the Swedish west coast. The wreck was …
Right now the last cruise of this winter and also my last cruise as captain on board the Clipper Stad Amsterdam is well underway. The British Virgin Islands is the sailing area, as already mentioned in the former log article. …
– by Charlotte (26, UK) and Pernille (20, Denmark)
We were lucky as a watch this morning and didn’t go on sail watch until 8am. Some people had to get up to make breakfast but the rest of us enjoyed our lie in and were bright eyed and eager. …
* Last places available - contact firstname.lastname@example.org before booking * Leaving A Coruña, you will sail the Bay of Biscay. Its deep waters show us often a lot of sea mammals, such as dolphins and whales.You will visit a lovely …
* Last places available - contact email@example.com before booking * You´ll start this trip in Horta (island Faial) and sail south of Piconone of the easternmost islands of the Azores. On this beautiful island you have the time to hike …
Santiago de Cuba (CU) - Bermuda (BM) - Azores (PT)
13 June - 13 July 2018
* Last places available - contact firstname.lastname@example.org before booking * Immerse yourself in the ocean swell, let everything just go and enjoy the blue sky, ocean life, the peaceful atmosphere and pleasant company. First you'll sail from Santiago de Cuba …
Galápagos Islands (EC) - Panama (PA) - Santiago de Cuba (CU)
19 May - 06 June 2018
* Last place in a female cabin available - contact email@example.com before booking * This is a journey with many highlights! You start in the Galápagos Islands, in the port of Santa Cruz, where the Anne-Margaretha is anchored. The trip …