Weekend Sailing. On this May weekend the Maybe will take you on an exploration of the Scottish coastline. You can take your turn on the helm, help to hoist the sails and improve your sailing knowledge. Or sit back, relax and soak up the Scottish sunshine! You will board and disembark in Greenock, near Glasgow, but the exact route will depend on wind and weather conditions. No sailing experience needed – in fact, this is a perfect trip for first-timers! For Windseekers of all ages, minimum age 15 years.
Greenock is a small port town west of Glasgow in south-west Scotland. The town is surrounded by a plethora of walking and hiking routes into the scenic Inverclyde region – climb the nearby hills to discover views of the highlands or see huges lochs (Scottish fjords) open out into the Clyde estuary . A pleasant, quiet stop before heading north to the more rugged islands off Scotland's west coast.
Dates: 11 May 2018 - 13 May 2018
Embarkation: 14:00 / Disembarkation: 10:00
For Windseekers of all ages, minimum age 15 years
Windseekers joining: 0
No sailing experience required!
Official language on board: English
Price includes: accommodation and meals, excludes drinks at the bar
Price excludes transportation costs to-and from the ports. Our travel counsellor can advise you and book your transfers
Windseekers need to have a health insurance and a travel insurance
Need to take with you on board: sleeping bag, pillowcase, sheets and towels
Stephanie (42) France
"I LEARNED THAT IT'S NEVER TOO LATE TO FIND A NEW PASSION IN LIFE."
Epp (20) Estonia
"The nicest moment WAS ARRIVING TO CADIZ, WHEN WE SAT ON THE MAST WITH THE ENTIRE TEAM, WEARING OUR TEAM SHIRTS AND SINGING LOUDLY TO LET PEOPLE KNOW WE'RE COMING."
Axel (23) France
"It is an adventure you don’t want to miss! Being a sailor only takes passion and motivation."
You sail on theMaybe
Maybe is a Dutch wooden sailing ketch launched in 1933 and designed for round the world cruising. After a complete restoration the Ship has returned to the Tall Ships Races recently. She has a full schedule of sailing in Tall …
– by Charlotte (26, UK) and Pernille (20, Denmark)
We were lucky as a watch this morning and didn’t go on sail watch until 8am. Some people had to get up to make breakfast but the rest of us enjoyed our lie in and were bright eyed and eager. …
Sailing is fun! But so can be sitting on your bum! The professional sailors of Europa have one thing in common, they can't seem to sit still, probably because there is always something to do. From changing sheets to mending …
* Last places available - contact email@example.com before booking * Leaving A Coruña, you will sail the Bay of Biscay. Its deep waters show us often a lot of sea mammals, such as dolphins and whales.You will visit a lovely …
* Last places available - contact firstname.lastname@example.org before booking * You´ll start this trip in Horta (island Faial) and sail south of Piconone of the easternmost islands of the Azores. On this beautiful island you have the time to hike …
Santiago de Cuba (CU) - Bermuda (BM) - Azores (PT)
13 June - 13 July 2018
* Last places available - contact email@example.com before booking * Immerse yourself in the ocean swell, let everything just go and enjoy the blue sky, ocean life, the peaceful atmosphere and pleasant company. First you'll sail from Santiago de Cuba …
Galápagos Islands (EC) - Panama (PA) - Santiago de Cuba (CU)
19 May - 06 June 2018
* Last place in a female cabin available - contact firstname.lastname@example.org before booking * This is a journey with many highlights! You start in the Galápagos Islands, in the port of Santa Cruz, where the Anne-Margaretha is anchored. The trip …