– Places at request via firstname.lastname@example.org – Sail with the Morgenster from (Sail) den Helder to (Sail) Halmstad and cross the NorthSea. You will board the vessel in (Sail) Den Helder at the 24th and the 25th the ship will leave in the morning for the Parade of Sail out with all other vessels from all over the world! Working with the ropes and sails, learning about navigation, keeping the ship shipshape, steer the wheel onwards to Halmstad! For trainees who like to get the challenge of climbing the masts: that will be possible! The professional and permanent crew will teach you how to do. Age 15-25 years. Extra info for Dutch trainees age 15-25 years, please contact email@example.com or see the other voyage with Dutch text.
Den Helder is a beautiful town in the Netherlands, situated at the very tip of the North Holland province. Visit the Marinemuseum to learn more about the country's marine traditions, take a walk in the botanical gardens Oranjerie De Groene Parel Den Helder or admire sealife in the Fort Kijkduin Museum and Aquarium.
Halmstad is situated on the Swedish west coast, along the Nissan River. The city is famous for its fortress, built by the Danish King Christian IV at the end of the 16th century. A walk around town will reveal much of the city’s rich history and culture, and the cobbled streets in the city centre are dotted with cafes and pubs. Outdoors there’s plenty to do as well, with the nearby Mollegard Nature Reserve well worth a visit. Halmstad offers plenty to soothe your adventure jitters.
Den Helder (NL)
Dates: 24 June 2017 - 2 July 2017
Embarkation: 17:00 / Disembarkation: 10:00
For Windseekers of all ages, minimum age 15 years
Windseekers joining: maximum of 35
No sailing experience required!
Official language on board: English and Dutch
Price includes: accommodation and meals, excludes drinks at the bar
Price excludes transportation costs to-and from the ports. Our travel counsellor can advise you and book your transfers
One-off registration fee €25
Windseekers need to have a health insurance and a travel insurance
Need to take with you on board: sleeping bags and towels
Contact your fellow-Windseekers via Windseeker facebook
You will sleep in a hammock/bunk/cabin
Jet (31) Netherlands
"As crew, there is nothing better then standing back and seeing the trainees do all the work and do it perfectly!"
Myriam (20) Belgium
"TAKE CHANCES. IF YOU DON'T TRY, YOU'LL NEVER KNOW."
Piotr (22) Poland
"Worked together with different nationalities for a week was a life changing, hilarious experience."
You sail on theMorgenster
Stop and Stare. This is what Marian and Harry Muter - the owners - had in mind, when people would look upon the Morgenster. And they succeeded. As a result, the Morgenster is a stunning and elegant Ship and a fast …
Finally after two and a half days of motor sailing we are able to carry on under sail alone. A bit later than expected but still very welcome, the ESE’ly winds have filled our sails again. Progress has been good …
– by Charlotte (26, UK) and Pernille (20, Denmark)
We were lucky as a watch this morning and didn’t go on sail watch until 8am. Some people had to get up to make breakfast but the rest of us enjoyed our lie in and were bright eyed and eager. …
* Last place available - contact firstname.lastname@example.org before booking * Leaving A Coruña, you will sail the Bay of Biscay. Its deep waters show us often a lot of sea mammals, such as dolphins and whales.You will visit a lovely …
* FULLY BOOKED * You´ll start this trip in Horta (island Faial) and sail south of Piconone of the easternmost islands of the Azores. On this beautiful island you have the time to hike one day. After some days of …
Santiago de Cuba (CU) - Bermuda (BM) - Azores (PT)
13 June - 13 July 2018
* Last places available - contact email@example.com before booking * Immerse yourself in the ocean swell, let everything just go and enjoy the blue sky, ocean life, the peaceful atmosphere and pleasant company. First you'll sail from Santiago de Cuba …
Cape Town (ZA) - Saint Martin (FR) - Lunenburg (CA)
29 January - 18 May 2019
In this trip you will cross the Atlantic Ocean from South Africa to the Caribbean and on to Canada. After boarding Picton Castle in Cape Town you will sail North-West to visit Namibia and the island of St. Helena, before …