– Places at request via firstname.lastname@example.org – Sail with the Morgenster from (Sail) den Helder to (Sail) Halmstad and cross the NorthSea. You will board the vessel in (Sail) Den Helder at the 24th and the 25th the ship will leave in the morning for the Parade of Sail out with all other vessels from all over the world! Working with the ropes and sails, learning about navigation, keeping the ship shipshape, steer the wheel onwards to Halmstad! For trainees who like to get the challenge of climbing the masts: that will be possible! The professional and permanent crew will teach you how to do. Age 15-25 years. Extra info for Dutch trainees age 15-25 years, please contact email@example.com or see the other voyage with Dutch text.
Den Helder is a beautiful town in the Netherlands, situated at the very tip of the North Holland province. Visit the Marinemuseum to learn more about the country's marine traditions, take a walk in the botanical gardens Oranjerie De Groene Parel Den Helder or admire sealife in the Fort Kijkduin Museum and Aquarium.
Halmstad is situated on the Swedish west coast, along the Nissan River. The city is famous for its fortress, built by the Danish King Christian IV at the end of the 16th century. A walk around town will reveal much of the city’s rich history and culture, and the cobbled streets in the city centre are dotted with cafes and pubs. Outdoors there’s plenty to do as well, with the nearby Mollegard Nature Reserve well worth a visit. Halmstad offers plenty to soothe your adventure jitters.
Den Helder (NL)
Dates: 24 June 2017 - 2 July 2017
Embarkation: 17:00 / Disembarkation: 10:00
For Windseekers of all ages, minimum age 15 years
Windseekers joining: maximum of 35
No sailing experience required!
Official language on board: English and Dutch
Price includes: accommodation and meals, excludes drinks at the bar
Price excludes transportation costs to-and from the ports. Our travel counsellor can advise you and book your transfers
One-off registration fee €25
Windseekers need to have a health insurance and a travel insurance
Need to take with you on board: sleeping bags and towels
Contact your fellow-Windseekers via Windseeker facebook
You will sleep in a hammock/bunk/cabin
Annette (18) Denmark
"I have met new people, been up in the mast, seen indescribable sunsets and laughed a lot. Learning how to sail a ship has been the coolest thing I have done so far and I have confidence in what I do now"
Nina (20) Norway
"My trip in a few words: Sailed, tried new things. Big ship. Seasickness. Spent a lot of time on the sea."
Mark Quirijn (24) Netherlands
"It has been a wonderful experience. And I have found two incredible friends."
You sail on theMorgenster
Stop and Stare. This is what Marian and Harry Muter - the owners - had in mind, when people would look upon the Morgenster. And they succeeded. As a result, the Morgenster is a stunning and elegant Ship and a fast …
It feels like we have been out for a lot longer than we actually have
Vega Gamleby, 25 August 2016
Gothenburg - Blyth - Gothenburg
– by the Trainees
Logbook trainees Vega Gamleby 2016 Gothenburg-Blyth-Gothenburg
Part 2: 25-26 August
Today we have learned what all the sails and ropes are called, and what they do. We also saw dolphins again and a whale for the first time. We are getting …
The harbour of Soller is situated beautifully in a small natural bay at the northern side of the island Mallorca. Directly after departure we set the sails and with a southwestern wind 4-5 Bft we sailed to the east side …
* Last places available - contact firstname.lastname@example.org before booking * Leaving A Coruña, you will sail the Bay of Biscay. Its deep waters show us often a lot of sea mammals, such as dolphins and whales.You will visit a lovely …
* Last places available - contact email@example.com before booking * You´ll start this trip in Horta (island Faial) and sail south of Piconone of the easternmost islands of the Azores. On this beautiful island you have the time to hike …
Santiago de Cuba (CU) - Bermuda (BM) - Azores (PT)
13 June - 13 July 2018
* Last places available - contact firstname.lastname@example.org before booking * Immerse yourself in the ocean swell, let everything just go and enjoy the blue sky, ocean life, the peaceful atmosphere and pleasant company. First you'll sail from Santiago de Cuba …
Galápagos Islands (EC) - Panama (PA) - Santiago de Cuba (CU)
19 May - 06 June 2018
* Last place in a female cabin available - contact email@example.com before booking * This is a journey with many highlights! You start in the Galápagos Islands, in the port of Santa Cruz, where the Anne-Margaretha is anchored. The trip …