* FULLY BOOKED * Tall Ships Challenge- Gulf Coast 2018 – Sail from Galveston in Texas (US) to Pensacola in Florida. For the first time in history, Tall Ships America will bring its TALL SHIPS CHALLENGE Series of Tall Ships races and port festivals to the Gulf of Mexico. This short voyage will bring you along the southern coast of the United States to Florida, among multiple other vessels doing this leg with you. Take the time to admire the other ships, or stand behind the helm to steer this 100-year old Tall Ship to her destination. Expect a festive entrance to the harbour in Pensacola, where a sailing festival will soon begin. Extra night on board possible: € 100 / US$ 110 per night (B&B). Open for all ages, minimum age 15 years. Please make sure that your travel documents (passport, visas) are up to date. Be aware that there can be differences between arriving in country by air and by sea. We advise you to contact the US embassy in your country for details.
Galveston is an island city in Texas located next to the Gulf of Mexico. If you are into history, Galveston is definitely your place to visit, because it is home to six historic districts, so museums and mansions. Take a peek at the Rainforest Pyramid in the Moody Gardens botanical park, visit the free admission Galveston Arts Center and discover the Strand district full of historic heritage.
Pensacola, with a 450 years of historic background is a coastal city in Florida, what is full of diverse activities no matter the weather. Find yourself walking on the miles-long white beaches, visit the town full of various festivals, art and music events. With a such long history, Pensacola has something to offer in every step to any kind of taste!
Dates: 8 April 2018 - 12 April 2018
Embarkation: 17:00 / Disembarkation: 9:00
For Windseekers of all ages, minimum age 15 years
Windseekers joining: maximum of 24
No sailing experience required!
Official language on board: English
Price includes: accommodation and meals, excludes drinks at the bar
Price excludes transportation costs to-and from the ports. Our travel counsellor can advise you and book your transfers
Windseekers need to have a health insurance and a travel insurance
Need to take with you on board: towels
"When anchored at sea in the sun, I had not a care in the world"
Ida (19) Finland
"The best moment was when we crossed the finish line and everybody celebrated together. The tone was simply unforgettable!"
An adventurous classic; stepping on board this monumental beauty is like stepping into another world. The atmosphere on board the Oosterschelde is one filled with history and adventure. The classical interior and brass polished details make you feel right at …
When I found out that you could still sail traditional ships I remember thinking:
a) this is probably a joke, and
b) why have I not done it yet?
I had experience sailing on yachts and dinghies but with an interest in naval …
* Last places available - contact firstname.lastname@example.org before booking * Leaving A Coruña, you will sail the Bay of Biscay. Its deep waters show us often a lot of sea mammals, such as dolphins and whales.You will visit a lovely …
* Last places available - contact email@example.com before booking * You´ll start this trip in Horta (island Faial) and sail south of Piconone of the easternmost islands of the Azores. On this beautiful island you have the time to hike …
Santiago de Cuba (CU) - Bermuda (BM) - Azores (PT)
13 June - 13 July 2018
* Last places available - contact firstname.lastname@example.org before booking * Immerse yourself in the ocean swell, let everything just go and enjoy the blue sky, ocean life, the peaceful atmosphere and pleasant company. First you'll sail from Santiago de Cuba …
Galápagos Islands (EC) - Panama (PA) - Santiago de Cuba (CU)
19 May - 06 June 2018
* Last place in a female cabin available - contact email@example.com before booking * This is a journey with many highlights! You start in the Galápagos Islands, in the port of Santa Cruz, where the Anne-Margaretha is anchored. The trip …