* FULLY BOOKED * Join the Oosterschelde from New Orleans, Louisiana (US) to Saint Petersburg, Florida. Board in New Orelans where you will see many beautiful Tall Ships, gathered after a big maritime event. A lovely and laid back voyage of 6 nights on board along the coast of the United States.Open for all ages, minimum age 15 years. Please make sure that your travel documents (passport, visas) are up to date. Be aware that there can be differences between arriving in country by air and by sea. We advise you to contact the US embassy in your country for details.
New Orleans is in one of the two USA's regions located below the sea level. The city is birthplace of jazz and is well-known for its rich multicultural scene. Take a look at the European architecture in The French Quarter. Go to the Uptown, the city's most historic district. Check out the beautiful sculptures and tombs in one of 42 famous cemeteries. Take part in festivals, visit the museums and music events full of historic heritage.
St Petersburg is a city in Western Florida, across the Tampa Bay from it's larger neighbour-city, Tampa. It's a city that caters to both cultural-minded tourists and those who want to bask in the Floridian sun with a cocktail in hand. Take a surreal trip through the Salvador Dali museum before exploring the sub-street-level oasis of the Sunken Gardens (complete with Flamingos). Alternatively, find an early-20th Century beachfront hotel, and watch the sunset.
New Orleans (US)
Dates: 22 April 2018 - 28 April 2018
Embarkation: 17:00 / Disembarkation: 9:00
For Windseekers of all ages, minimum age 15 years
Windseekers joining: maximum of 24
No sailing experience required!
Official language on board: English
Price includes: accommodation and meals, excludes drinks at the bar
Price excludes transportation costs to-and from the ports. Our travel counsellor can advise you and book your transfers
Windseekers need to have a health insurance and a travel insurance
Need to take with you on board: towels
Phillip (24) France
"Working in a team is a skill I really improved on board during the watches"
Mathijn (13) Netherlands
"Sailing on the North Sea by night, watching millions of stars"
Ida (19) Finland
"The best moment was when we crossed the finish line and everybody celebrated together. The tone was simply unforgettable!"
You sail on theOosterschelde
An adventurous classic; stepping on board this monumental beauty is like stepping into another world. The atmosphere on board the Oosterschelde is one filled with history and adventure. The classical interior and brass polished details make you feel right at …
Our final day in the harbour was marked by a delightfully late breakfast, allowing everybody a proper recovery from the festivities of the prior day. The day was marked by the first happy hour of the journey, where every watch …
I wrote this before my 'after-breakfast-nap' on the last day of sailing:
"It's the last day of sailing at the Statsraad Lehmkuhl, The Tall Ships Races. We are coming closer to the finishing line and I am finally writing something. I'm …
* Last places available - contact email@example.com before booking * Leaving A Coruña, you will sail the Bay of Biscay. Its deep waters show us often a lot of sea mammals, such as dolphins and whales.You will visit a lovely …
* Last places available - contact firstname.lastname@example.org before booking * You´ll start this trip in Horta (island Faial) and sail south of Piconone of the easternmost islands of the Azores. On this beautiful island you have the time to hike …
Santiago de Cuba (CU) - Bermuda (BM) - Azores (PT)
13 June - 13 July 2018
* Last places available - contact email@example.com before booking * Immerse yourself in the ocean swell, let everything just go and enjoy the blue sky, ocean life, the peaceful atmosphere and pleasant company. First you'll sail from Santiago de Cuba …
Galápagos Islands (EC) - Panama (PA) - Santiago de Cuba (CU)
19 May - 06 June 2018
* Last place in a female cabin available - contact firstname.lastname@example.org before booking * This is a journey with many highlights! You start in the Galápagos Islands, in the port of Santa Cruz, where the Anne-Margaretha is anchored. The trip …