Spring in Madeira! Join the Santa Maria Manuela in her exploration of the Madeira Island in the Atlantic. You will embark and disembark in Funchal, making it easy to arrange your travels. Depending on the weather you can expect to visit several places, such as the small harbour town of Porto Muniz or a Porto Santo beach. Enjoy sailing on a 4-masted schooner, visit charming places around the island and make use of the equipment on board, including kayaks, fishing gear and snorkelling equipment. Open to Windseekers of 15 years and older; younger at request (accompanied by an adult).VAT not included in the price. Changes in itinerary might be made due to weather conditions.
Funchal is the capital of the Portugese Madeira Autonomous Region in the Atlantic. Vistit Quinta das Cruzes – an old Madeiran manor house turned museum, lively local market Mercado dos Lavradores and botanical garden Jardins Botânicos da Madeira. If you're looking for a thrill of an adventure you must take a ride in the Toboggan – a wooden sled that guided by the drivers who will push you down steep hills.
Dates: 11 April 2018 - 15 April 2018
Embarkation: 16:00 / Disembarkation: 12:00
For Windseekers of all ages, minimum age 15 years (age 12-15 at request)
Windseekers joining: 0
No sailing experience required!
Official language on board: English
Price includes: accommodation and meals, excludes drinks at the bar
Price excludes transportation costs to-and from the ports. Our travel counsellor can advise you and book your transfers
One-off registration fee €25
Windseekers need to have a health insurance and a travel insurance
Ida (19) Finland
"The best moment was when we crossed the finish line and everybody celebrated together. The tone was simply unforgettable!"
Jet (31) Netherlands
"As crew, there is nothing better then standing back and seeing the trainees do all the work and do it perfectly!"
Tan (17) Turkey
"If you believe and push yourself there is nothing you can't do."
You sail on theSanta Maria Manuela
Santa Maria Manuela
Recently renovated Santa Maria Manuela is is now serving as a Sail Training Ship. Unlike in the past, she will no longer bring fishermen to the fishing banks of Newfoundland and Greenland. Instead, these days she brings a new touristic …
– by Charlotte (26, UK) and Pernille (20, Denmark)
We were lucky as a watch this morning and didn’t go on sail watch until 8am. Some people had to get up to make breakfast but the rest of us enjoyed our lie in and were bright eyed and eager. …
Morgenster, EU Exchange 2016
Logbook, part three: the Blue Watch
Day 3 – 01/08/2016
Temperature: 22 degrees Celsius
Speed: 4.5 knots
Bearing: 277 degrees
Today we woke up at 3:50 in the morning, put on our clothes and went up on deck. We joined the white …
* Last places available - contact email@example.com before booking * Leaving A Coruña, you will sail the Bay of Biscay. Its deep waters show us often a lot of sea mammals, such as dolphins and whales.You will visit a lovely …
* Last places available - contact firstname.lastname@example.org before booking * You´ll start this trip in Horta (island Faial) and sail south of Piconone of the easternmost islands of the Azores. On this beautiful island you have the time to hike …
Santiago de Cuba (CU) - Bermuda (BM) - Azores (PT)
13 June - 13 July 2018
* Last places available - contact email@example.com before booking * Immerse yourself in the ocean swell, let everything just go and enjoy the blue sky, ocean life, the peaceful atmosphere and pleasant company. First you'll sail from Santiago de Cuba …
Galápagos Islands (EC) - Panama (PA) - Santiago de Cuba (CU)
19 May - 06 June 2018
* Last place in a female cabin available - contact firstname.lastname@example.org before booking * This is a journey with many highlights! You start in the Galápagos Islands, in the port of Santa Cruz, where the Anne-Margaretha is anchored. The trip …