* FULLY BOOKED * Tall Ships Races 2018, Cruise in Company. Enjoy the excitement of Tall Ships Races port festivals without the competitive racing. Sail from Denmark to Norway on a Norwegian Tall Ship, in company of many other vessels joining the events. You will have the time to make friends with your fellow trainees and take in the scenery. Prices in NOK: adults: NOK 6,700; youngsters: NOK 5,600. Prenight in Esbjerg at request, based on B&B for NOK 700 per night (approx. EUR 75). Open to Windseekers aged 15-70.
The Tall Ships Races is the biggest annual sailing race of the year. The 2018 edition will be the 62nd event and is scheduled to take place on the North Sea, in 4 ports in 4 different countries.
Join the Cruise in Company leg from Denmark to Norway. Take part in opening celebrations, meet your fellow trainees, and then wave goodbye to spectators on land and set course across the sea. Expect a warm welcome in Stavanger, with the Crew Party, the parade and many other activities.
As a Windseeker Trainee on board the Sorlandet you will be a part of the crew, meaning you will join your peers on watches day and night, and take active part in the life on the ship. You’ll be hoisting sails, steering the ship, practicing seamanship skills and learning the art of navigation, guided by the professional crew. And you will sail to win the race!
Esbjerg is a beautiful coastal city in the South-West of Denmark, with the second biggest harbour in Denmark – a lively place full of fishing and shipping activities. You can observe the town's maritime history in its attractions: from the Fisheries- and Maritime Museum, Esbjerg Skibet statue to the Men at Sea monument, everything brings you back to the sea. Visit also the Ribe Vikinge Center, a fun outdoor museum where you will meet the Vikings themselves!
Stavanger is a modern port, but retains a small historic district. The lovely old harbour is a favourite stopover for big cruiseships that tower over the buildings. The city has a lively cultural scene, and is surrounded by numerous outdoor destinations well worth a visit. Explore the narrow, rocky Lysefjord and the mountains Preikestolen and Kjerag, or relax on Jæren's beaches. Make sure to bring hiking boots, as the mountains stand over 1000 meters tall.
Dates: 21 July 2018 - 28 July 2018
Embarkation: 9:00 / Disembarkation: 10:00
For Windseekers of all ages, minimum age 15 years
Windseekers joining: maximum of 70 trainees
No sailing experience required!
Official language on board: English
Price includes: accommodation and meals, excludes drinks at the bar
Price excludes transportation costs to-and from the ports. Our travel counsellor can advise you and book your transfers
One-off registration fee €25
Windseekers need to have a health insurance and a travel insurance
Need to take with you on board: sleeping bag, pillowcase, sheets and towels
Annette (18) Denmark
"I have met new people, been up in the mast, seen indescribable sunsets and laughed a lot. Learning how to sail a ship has been the coolest thing I have done so far and I have confidence in what I do now"
Samantha (18) Australia
"I have learned that despite my small size, I can do anything if I put my mind to it."
Keshan (17) UK
"It was cosy and comfortable, but hard work and exciting."
You sail on theSorlandet
The bow of the Sorlandet cuts through the North-European waters at summertime. Since 1995 she regularly crosses the Atlantic Ocean on the way to far-away destinations, like the Caribbean. Sometimes the Ship is manned by the cadets of the Royal …
The Tecla is currently participating in the Race of the Classics for Young Professionals. This is a race that is organized every year in the autumn.
Yesterday the 24 participating vessels left the Veerhaven in Rotterdam, sailing in parade they went …
* Last places available - contact firstname.lastname@example.org before booking * Leaving A Coruña, you will sail the Bay of Biscay. Its deep waters show us often a lot of sea mammals, such as dolphins and whales.You will visit a lovely …
* Last places available - contact email@example.com before booking * You´ll start this trip in Horta (island Faial) and sail south of Piconone of the easternmost islands of the Azores. On this beautiful island you have the time to hike …
Santiago de Cuba (CU) - Bermuda (BM) - Azores (PT)
13 June - 13 July 2018
* Last places available - contact firstname.lastname@example.org before booking * Immerse yourself in the ocean swell, let everything just go and enjoy the blue sky, ocean life, the peaceful atmosphere and pleasant company. First you'll sail from Santiago de Cuba …
Galápagos Islands (EC) - Panama (PA) - Santiago de Cuba (CU)
19 May - 06 June 2018
* Last place in a female cabin available - contact email@example.com before booking * This is a journey with many highlights! You start in the Galápagos Islands, in the port of Santa Cruz, where the Anne-Margaretha is anchored. The trip …