* FULLY BOOKED * Tall Ships Races 2018, Race 2. Sail on magnificent Tall Ship Sorlandet from Norway to the Netherlands in the last races of the Tall Ships Races 2018. Learn to stand at the helm, climb the masts, set the sails and many other activities while you gain your sea legs. Race Ships from many different countries in a friendly competition before meeting their crews at events organised in Harlingen. Prices in NOK: adults: NOK 9,580; youngsters: NOK 8,150. Prenight in Stavanger at request, based on B&B for NOK 700 per night (approx. EUR 75). Open to Windseekers aged 15-70.
Stavanger is a modern port, but retains a small historic district. The lovely old harbour is a favourite stopover for big cruiseships that tower over the buildings. The city has a lively cultural scene, and is surrounded by numerous outdoor destinations well worth a visit. Explore the narrow, rocky Lysefjord and the mountains Preikestolen and Kjerag, or relax on Jæren's beaches. Make sure to bring hiking boots, as the mountains stand over 1000 meters tall.
Harlingen is a trade and fishing port in Friesland, the Netherlands. The town itself is over a thousand years old, and you’ll find several historic streets in the old city centre. Its small size makes it easy to explore the town on foot. In 2014 Harlingen was a port of call for the Tall Ships Races. The town operates ferry lines to the Frisian Islands, a unique nature reserve with populations of seals, birds, and other wildlife. With its ‘gezellige’ pubs the town is a great place for a stopover.
Dates: 29 July 2018 - 5 August 2018
Embarkation: 9:00 / Disembarkation: 10:00
For Windseekers of all ages, minimum age 15 years
Windseekers joining: maximum of 70 trainees
No sailing experience required!
Official language on board: English
Price includes: accommodation and meals, excludes drinks at the bar
Price excludes transportation costs to-and from the ports. Our travel counsellor can advise you and book your transfers
One-off registration fee €25
Windseekers need to have a health insurance and a travel insurance
Need to take with you on board: sleeping bag, pillowcase, sheets and towels
"Sailing on the North Sea by night, watching millions of stars"
Phillip (24) France
"Working in a team is a skill I really improved on board during the watches"
You sail on theSorlandet
The bow of the Sorlandet cuts through the North-European waters at summertime. Since 1995 she regularly crosses the Atlantic Ocean on the way to far-away destinations, like the Caribbean. Sometimes the Ship is manned by the cadets of the Royal …
We are adventurers... each of us in our own way. For some... it's facing the sea-sickness of rolling swells and books that move across the table on their own. Or climbing the mast all the way to the top, breathing heavy and heart …
* Last places available - contact email@example.com before booking * Leaving A Coruña, you will sail the Bay of Biscay. Its deep waters show us often a lot of sea mammals, such as dolphins and whales.You will visit a lovely …
* Last places available - contact firstname.lastname@example.org before booking * You´ll start this trip in Horta (island Faial) and sail south of Piconone of the easternmost islands of the Azores. On this beautiful island you have the time to hike …
Santiago de Cuba (CU) - Bermuda (BM) - Azores (PT)
13 June - 13 July 2018
* Last places available - contact email@example.com before booking * Immerse yourself in the ocean swell, let everything just go and enjoy the blue sky, ocean life, the peaceful atmosphere and pleasant company. First you'll sail from Santiago de Cuba …
Galápagos Islands (EC) - Panama (PA) - Santiago de Cuba (CU)
19 May - 06 June 2018
* Last place in a female cabin available - contact firstname.lastname@example.org before booking * This is a journey with many highlights! You start in the Galápagos Islands, in the port of Santa Cruz, where the Anne-Margaretha is anchored. The trip …