* Places at request * Escape the nothern cold under the white sails of Stad Amsterdam. Join the clipper in Ijmuiden, a Dutch fishing port near Amsterdam, for a trip down south, along the English Channel and across the Bay of Biscay to Leixoes in northern Portugal. Spend 10 days chasing the sun from the Netherlands to Portugal. Combine this journey with the next one for a trip from Ijmuiden to Las Palmas de Gran Canaria and receive 15% discount for the journey from Leixoes to Gran Canaria.Open for all ages, minimum age 15 years. /Single cabin possible for € 2317.50
IJmuiden, on the west coast of the Netherlands, is the water gateway to Amsterdam. Cruise ships, cargo vessels and pleasure yachts pass through its busy locks every day while the IJmuiden marina provides an excellent shelter from the North Sea storms. IJmuiden offers a wide, sandy beach that is popular with windsurfers and kitesurfers. Behind the dunes you’ll find a small nature reserve, perfect for a hike or a run. IJmuiden’s restaurants serve fresh fish, straight from the local market.
Leixoes is a port town in northern Portugal, only 10 km out of Porto. It's one of Portugal's major seaports located near the estuary of the Douro River. Take a walk to the old fortifications, dine in one of the many seafood restaurants and then relax on a sandy beach. If you have more time and would like to explore, take a trip to nearby Porto, famous for its architecture – and wine!
Dates: 14 November 2017 - 24 November 2017
Embarkation: 17:00 / Disembarkation: 10:00
For Windseekers of all ages, minimum age 15 years
No sailing experience required!
Official language on board: English
Price includes: accommodation and meals, excludes drinks at the bar
Price excludes transportation costs to-and from the ports. Our travel counsellor can advise you and book your transfers
Windseekers need to have a health insurance and a travel insurance
Contact your fellow-Windseekers via Windseeker facebook
You will sleep in a bunk/cabin
Annette (18) Denmark
"I have met new people, been up in the mast, seen indescribable sunsets and laughed a lot. Learning how to sail a ship has been the coolest thing I have done so far and I have confidence in what I do now"
Jet (31) Netherlands
"As crew, there is nothing better then standing back and seeing the trainees do all the work and do it perfectly!"
Ang (25) Malaysia
"I conquered the fear of climbing up high."
You sail on theStad Amsterdam
A modern Clipper. Imagine yourself on a 19th century clipper when you board Stad Amsterdam, a modern version of the fast merchant ships of bygone days. The 60 metre long wooden deck, the high masts, the many yards and hundreds …
An experience I will put in my backpack and carry with me for the rest of my life
Morgenster, 14 July 2016
– by the Trainees
Arriving in Scheveningen with mixed feelings, the yearning to set sail to this adventure and the knowledge and feeling of the sadness of my girlfriend. I know I'm going to miss her too. After a painful goodbye to the …
The harbour of Soller is situated beautifully in a small natural bay at the northern side of the island Mallorca. Directly after departure we set the sails and with a southwestern wind 4-5 Bft we sailed to the east side …
* Last places available - contact firstname.lastname@example.org before booking * Leaving A Coruña, you will sail the Bay of Biscay. Its deep waters show us often a lot of sea mammals, such as dolphins and whales.You will visit a lovely …
* Last places available - contact email@example.com before booking * You´ll start this trip in Horta (island Faial) and sail south of Piconone of the easternmost islands of the Azores. On this beautiful island you have the time to hike …
Santiago de Cuba (CU) - Bermuda (BM) - Azores (PT)
13 June - 13 July 2018
* Last places available - contact firstname.lastname@example.org before booking * Immerse yourself in the ocean swell, let everything just go and enjoy the blue sky, ocean life, the peaceful atmosphere and pleasant company. First you'll sail from Santiago de Cuba …
Galápagos Islands (EC) - Panama (PA) - Santiago de Cuba (CU)
19 May - 06 June 2018
* Last place in a female cabin available - contact email@example.com before booking * This is a journey with many highlights! You start in the Galápagos Islands, in the port of Santa Cruz, where the Anne-Margaretha is anchored. The trip …