* Places at request * Say goodbye to the cold and rainy European fall and sail towards warmth on a 19th century clipper Stad Amsterdam. Board the Ship in north Portugal before setting course for the Canary Islands, famous for their great sailing winds, beautiful volcanic landscapes and amazing wildlife. Take a week off your busy schedule to stock up on vitamin D for the coming winter! Combine this journey with the previous one for a trip from Ijmuiden to Las Palmas de Gran Canaria and receive 15% discount for the journey from Leixoes to Gran Canaria.Open for all ages, minimum age 15 years. /Single cabin possible for € 1837.50
Leixoes is a port town in northern Portugal, only 10 km out of Porto. It's one of Portugal's major seaports located near the estuary of the Douro River. Take a walk to the old fortifications, dine in one of the many seafood restaurants and then relax on a sandy beach. If you have more time and would like to explore, take a trip to nearby Porto, famous for its architecture – and wine!
Las Palmas de Gran Canaria is a cosmopolitan town, the shared capital (with Santa Cruz) of the Canary Islands. Situated on the ‘wet’ north side, the city feels more authentic than the touristy places on the ‘dry’ south side. Las Palmas offers beaches, cheap shopping, culture and excitement with a night life, primarily in the district of Vegueta. Its culture is decidedly Spanish, mixed with influences from all over the world, as Las Palmas’ port has been in operation for centuries.
Las Palmas de Gran Canaria (ES)
Dates: 25 November 2017 - 2 December 2017
Embarkation: 17:00 / Disembarkation: 10:00
For Windseekers of all ages, minimum age 15 years
No sailing experience required!
Official language on board: English
Price includes: accommodation and meals, excludes drinks at the bar
Price excludes transportation costs to-and from the ports. Our travel counsellor can advise you and book your transfers
Windseekers need to have a health insurance and a travel insurance
Contact your fellow-Windseekers via Windseeker facebook
You will sleep in a bunk/cabin
Wietze (16) Netherlands
"Teamwork is the key"
Keshan (17) UK
"It was cosy and comfortable, but hard work and exciting."
Max (17) Germany
"The wind increased and when we took down some sails, I felt the adrenalin rush through my body"
You sail on theStad Amsterdam
A modern Clipper. Imagine yourself on a 19th century clipper when you board Stad Amsterdam, a modern version of the fast merchant ships of bygone days. The 60 metre long wooden deck, the high masts, the many yards and hundreds …
Ships left the port of Lisbon yesterday. Race 2- from Lisbon to Cadiz is on!
We had a very good start on the second leg of the Tall Ships Races off Lisbon yesterday evening and are now approaching the first waypoint …
Morgenster, EU Exchange 2016
Logbook, part two: the White Watch
Day 2 – 31/7/2016
Today started with breakfast and Happy Hour (cleaning time). After that we went to the beach! The Spanish people gave a presentation about their country. They drew Spain in …
* Last places available - contact email@example.com before booking * Leaving A Coruña, you will sail the Bay of Biscay. Its deep waters show us often a lot of sea mammals, such as dolphins and whales.You will visit a lovely …
* Last places available - contact firstname.lastname@example.org before booking * You´ll start this trip in Horta (island Faial) and sail south of Piconone of the easternmost islands of the Azores. On this beautiful island you have the time to hike …
Santiago de Cuba (CU) - Bermuda (BM) - Azores (PT)
13 June - 13 July 2018
* Last places available - contact email@example.com before booking * Immerse yourself in the ocean swell, let everything just go and enjoy the blue sky, ocean life, the peaceful atmosphere and pleasant company. First you'll sail from Santiago de Cuba …
Galápagos Islands (EC) - Panama (PA) - Santiago de Cuba (CU)
19 May - 06 June 2018
* Last place in a female cabin available - contact firstname.lastname@example.org before booking * This is a journey with many highlights! You start in the Galápagos Islands, in the port of Santa Cruz, where the Anne-Margaretha is anchored. The trip …