Sail the Thermopylae Clipper from Dutch marine town of Den Helder across the North Sea and on to Halmstad in Sweden where multiple vessels will start to gather for the starting festivities of the Tall Ships Races. Durign this 11-nights journey you will be a part of the crew, setting the sails, steering and doing everything along with the rest of the team to bring the Thermopylae Clipper to her destination.Open to Windseekers between 12 and 25 years old. Join more than 1 Thermopylae Clipper journey for 10% discount!
Den Helder is a beautiful town in the Netherlands, situated at the very tip of the North Holland province. Visit the Marinemuseum to learn more about the country's marine traditions, take a walk in the botanical gardens Oranjerie De Groene Parel Den Helder or admire sealife in the Fort Kijkduin Museum and Aquarium.
Halmstad is situated on the Swedish west coast, along the Nissan River. The city is famous for its fortress, built by the Danish King Christian IV at the end of the 16th century. A walk around town will reveal much of the city’s rich history and culture, and the cobbled streets in the city centre are dotted with cafes and pubs. Outdoors there’s plenty to do as well, with the nearby Mollegard Nature Reserve well worth a visit. Halmstad offers plenty to soothe your adventure jitters.
Den Helder (NL)
Dates: 20 June 2017 - 1 July 2017
Embarkation: 12:00 / Disembarkation: 9:00
For Windseekers between 12 and 25 years old
Windseekers joining: maximum 15
No sailing experience required!
Official language on board: English
Price includes: accommodation and meals, excludes drinks at the bar
Price excludes transportation costs to-and from the ports. Our travel counsellor can advise you and book your transfers
One-off registration fee €25
Windseekers need to have a health insurance and a travel insurance
Need to take with you on board: sleeping bag, pillowcase, sheets and towels
Contact your fellow-Windseekers via Windseeker facebook
"It is an adventure you don’t want to miss! Being a sailor only takes passion and motivation."
Annette (18) Denmark
"I have met new people, been up in the mast, seen indescribable sunsets and laughed a lot. Learning how to sail a ship has been the coolest thing I have done so far and I have confidence in what I do now"
You sail on theThermopylae Clipper
Thermopylae Clipper is the largest yacht in Discovery Sailing Project’s fleet of three. Having previously completed four circumnavigations, Thermopylae Clipper is a very sturdy and spacious yacht perfectly suited to Sail Training. Being on board a smaller yacht means that …
– by Charlotte (26, UK) and Pernille (20, Denmark)
We were lucky as a watch this morning and didn’t go on sail watch until 8am. Some people had to get up to make breakfast but the rest of us enjoyed our lie in and were bright eyed and eager. …
It feels like we have been out for a lot longer than we actually have
Vega Gamleby, 25 August 2016
Gothenburg - Blyth - Gothenburg
– by the Trainees
Logbook trainees Vega Gamleby 2016 Gothenburg-Blyth-Gothenburg
Part 2: 25-26 August
Today we have learned what all the sails and ropes are called, and what they do. We also saw dolphins again and a whale for the first time. We are getting …
* Last places available - contact email@example.com before booking * Leaving A Coruña, you will sail the Bay of Biscay. Its deep waters show us often a lot of sea mammals, such as dolphins and whales.You will visit a lovely …
* Last places available - contact firstname.lastname@example.org before booking * You´ll start this trip in Horta (island Faial) and sail south of Piconone of the easternmost islands of the Azores. On this beautiful island you have the time to hike …
Santiago de Cuba (CU) - Bermuda (BM) - Azores (PT)
13 June - 13 July 2018
* Last places available - contact email@example.com before booking * Immerse yourself in the ocean swell, let everything just go and enjoy the blue sky, ocean life, the peaceful atmosphere and pleasant company. First you'll sail from Santiago de Cuba …
Galápagos Islands (EC) - Panama (PA) - Santiago de Cuba (CU)
19 May - 06 June 2018
* Last place in a female cabin available - contact firstname.lastname@example.org before booking * This is a journey with many highlights! You start in the Galápagos Islands, in the port of Santa Cruz, where the Anne-Margaretha is anchored. The trip …