* Places at request * Tall Ships Races: Cruise in Company. Explore the famous Norwegian coast and take part in spectacular harbour events! Join Alexander von Humboldt II in Fredrikstad and leave the port in a Parade of Sail. Then spend your days learning to sail a large Tall Ship and discovering beautiful Norway. Reach Bergen to join a festival, have fun with your crew mates and meet international sailors from the other Tall Ships. Languages on board are mainly German and English. In addition extra, per person € 50, – for harbor fees, pilotage, etc. Surcharge for 2-bed cabin 25% p.p. For all Windseekers, minimum age 15 years.
Once again in 2019 the Tall Ships from all over the world will come together to compete in the 63rd annual Tall Ships Races.
The Cruise in Company is a more laid-back leg of the event, where speed doesn’t matter so much and you will have the time to enjoy the leisurely sailing. This year you will explore the stunning Norwegian coast on the way from Fredrikstad to Bergen. Take in the surroundings and enjoy sailing with your fellow trainees before joining the port events.
As a Windseeker you will be a trainee on board of Alexander von Humboldt II. Under the watchful eye of professional crew members you will be responsible for sailing the Ship from setting and trimming the sails, through looking out for other vessels, to navigating and steering. You will have day and night watches, and also some time to relax and enjoy the journey!
100 km south of Oslo, Fredrikstad is a coastal town, on the East side of the Oslofjord. Fredrikstad has a mix of old and new – The ‘Gamlebyen’ Old Town is a well-preserved star fort, across the water from the modern waterfront. Visitors can also visit the 16th-century Kongsten fort, or Scandinavia’s largest model railway. Fredrikstad will be a host port for the Tall Ship Races 2019.
Bergen is the gateway to the Fjords of Norway and a well-established cruise port. It’s an international city packed with history and tradition, a big city with small-town charm and atmosphere. Stroll around old streets and alleyways, and mingle with the crowds at the Fish Market. Saunter along the listed wooden buildings at Bryggen to the old fortress at Bergenhus, or call in at one of Bergen’s museums and galleries. The panoramic views of the city, the fjord and the ocean are breathtaking.
Dates: 13 July 2019 - 23 July 2019
Embarkation: 16:00 / Disembarkation: 10:00
For Windseekers of all ages, minimum age 15 years
Windseekers joining: maximum 54
No sailing experience required!
Official language on board: English and German
Price includes: accommodation and meals, excludes drinks at the bar
Price excludes transportation costs to-and from the ports. Our travel counsellor can advise you and book your transfers
Windseekers need to have a health insurance and a travel insurance
Need to take with you on board: towels
Mark Quirijn (24) Netherlands
"It has been a wonderful experience. And I have found two incredible friends."
Nina (20) Norway
"My trip in a few words: Sailed, tried new things. Big ship. Seasickness. Spent a lot of time on the sea."
Max (17) Germany
"The wind increased and when we took down some sails, I felt the adrenalin rush through my body"
You sail on theAlexander von Humboldt II
Alexander von Humboldt II
The Alexander von Humboldt II is a sail training ship in every possible way. She was built by and for sail trainers. She meets high safety standards and has modern nautical and technical facilities. The permanent crew members are specially …
It feels like we have been out for a lot longer than we actually have
Vega Gamleby, 01 January 1970
Gothenburg - Blyth - Gothenburg
– by the Trainees
Logbook trainees Vega Gamleby 2016 Gothenburg-Blyth-Gothenburg
Part 2: 25-26 August
Today we have learned what all the sails and ropes are called, and what they do. We also saw dolphins again and a whale for the first time. We are getting …
Sailing is inherently a "green" activity. Although, like most of the other things we do on this planet, sailing does contribute to the environmental pollution, we do a lot on board to stop it. And hopefully good habits learned on …
* Places at request * Tall Ships Races: Race 1. Join the famous green German Tall Ship Alexander von Humboldt II for the largest annual Tall Ships festival. You will board the vessel in Danish Aalborg, together with 50 other …
* Places at request * Tall Ships Races delivery journey. You will board the green-sailed Alexander von Humboldt II (or Alex for short) in Kaliningrad - the part of Russia on the Baltic coast. Then you will set the course …
* Places at request * This journey will take you from the Finnish city of Pori south to Kaliningrad. Spend a week on board of one of Germany’s most famous Tall Ships and take part in Sail Training activities. Steer …
* Places at request * Discovering the Spanish coast. Board the Ship in Cartagena for a week-long sailing excursion on the Mediterranean coast of Spain. Set and trim the sails, look out for obstacles, steer the vessel and, if you …