* Places at request * From Greenland to Iceland. Step on board the traditional sailing ship Tecla in Nuuk, Greenland’s largest town. Spend several days exploring some of the fjords of south-west and south coast before setting sail to Iceland. Embark on an adventurous crossing, covering about 500 nautical miles of the Atlantic Ocean during several days of non-stop sailing. Prepare your hiking boots for shore explorations in Greenland, sailing deep into the fjords to reach remote areas where few tourists ever visit. Bring your camera to photograph the wildlife, the colorful houses and exciting moments on board. Enjoy time spent out on the open water, away from distractions of the internet and your usual daily life. Open for all Windseekers, minimum age 15 years.
Nuuk is the capital of Greenland and, with over 17,000 inhabitants its largest city. The earliest settlements date back to 2200 BC. In the 10th century Nuuk was inhabited by the Vikings and shortly after by Innuit people. Visit the Greenland National Museum and Archives, Katuaq Cultural Centre, Nuuk Art Museum and the Cathedral, and enjoy strolling around town and taking in its unique architecture.
Reykjavík is the capital of Iceland. As you approach from the sea, you’ll sea a modern city skyline with snowy volcanic mountains in the background. Reykjavík is quite cosmopolitan, with plenty of culture and entertainment. Go for a night on the town, or find a tour that takes you to see the glaciers, geysers, and volcanoes for which Iceland is famous. Reykjavík’s climate is less cold than you’d expect. At Nauthólsvík you’ll even find a geothermically heated beach!
Dates: 26 August 2021 - 15 September 2021
Embarkation: 18:00 / Disembarkation: 10:00
For Windseekers of all ages, minimum age 15 years
Windseekers joining: maximum 16
No sailing experience required!
Official language on board: English
Price includes: accommodation and meals, excludes drinks at the bar
Price excludes transportation costs to-and from the ports. Our travel counsellor can advise you and book your transfers
Windseekers need to have a health insurance and a travel insurance
Need to take with you on board: towels
This Journey is covered by the STO Garant guarantee. You can find the conditions for this guarantee scheme on STO Garant’s website (www.sto-garant.nl/en/downloads).
What does it mean?
In short: you do not pay the booking amount to Windseeker but instead into an escrow account. This trust account holds your payment in reserve until your journey’s end. The booking amount is then released to Windseeker on the day after your trip ends. If Windseeker or the Ship should become financially insolvent before the end of your trip, STO Garant will implement the guarantee. The Guarantee Scheme details how you can make a claim under the guarantee in such cases. You can read more about this here.
Myriam (20) Belgium
"TAKE CHANCES. IF YOU DON'T TRY, YOU'LL NEVER KNOW."
"YOU HAVE TO TRY IT! YOU WILL GET TO KNOW A SIDE OF YOU THAT YOU DIDN’T THINK YOU HAD. I LEARNED A LOT, AND I BECAME MORE INDEPENDENT AFTER THIS TRIP!"
Mark Quirijn (24) Netherlands
"It has been a wonderful experience. And I have found two incredible friends."
You sail on theTecla
One of the most splendid. Experts say this solid, authentic-rigged ship is not only one of the most beautiful herring loggers, but also a very good sailor. She has won several prizes during the Tall Ships Races and Regattas. Tecla …
We are finalizing our chores. Tomorrow we will get new stores on board and then we are ready for departure to Valencia. On Wednesday we will welcome our guests on board who will sail with us to Cape Verde. What’s …
Our final day in the harbour was marked by a delightfully late breakfast, allowing everybody a proper recovery from the festivities of the prior day. The day was marked by the first happy hour of the journey, where every watch …
* Places at request * Board the Tecla in Oban and spend a day or two exploring the Inner Hebrides before entering the Caledonian Canal with its 29 locks. This trip is a combination of sailing and hiking into the …
* Places at request * Discovering West Greenland. This journey will take you on an exploration of the world’s largest island. 80% of Greenland is permanently covered in ice, making it an exotic place to visit for true adventurers. Board …
* Places at request * Course: Greenland! Embark on a great adventure which combines sailing on the Atlantic and exploring the rarely visited island. The voyage starts in Isafjordur, Iceland, from where you will make the crossing over the Atlantic …
* Places at request * Exploring the Hornstrandir Nature Reserve on the edge of the Arctic Circle. Explore the north-west coast of Iceland from the board of a traditional sailing ship. The highlight of this journey is visitng Hornstrandir Nature …