* Places at request * Board the Tecla in Oban and spend a day or two exploring the Inner Hebrides before entering the Caledonian Canal with its 29 locks. This trip is a combination of sailing and hiking into the Scottish interior. Along the canal and into the rugged surroundings are beautiful walks. This way some of the pieces of canal that can’t be sailed through, will be spent walking along the canal or with a big circle to the next town where the Tecla will be waiting for you. After the canal you will set course for the Netherlands and make a 350 miles crossing on the North Sea, during which you will forget about the land for a while. Enjoy being out on the sea, surrounded only by water and sky while sailing the Tecla to her home in Harlingen. Open for all Windseekers, minimum age 15 years.
Oban (meaning ‘little bay’ in Gaelic) is a small harbor town on the west coast of Scotland, famous for its whiskey distillery. The town occupies a beautiful setting in the Firth of Lorn, and is a perfect place to find shelter from the Atlantic. Walking around town is a pleasure, and close by you’ll find mountains, castles, dramatic coastal scenery, and McCaig’s tower that resembles the Colosseum. In the first week of August, the town plays host to West Highland week, a yearly sailing regatta.
Harlingen is a trade and fishing port in Friesland, the Netherlands. The town itself is over a thousand years old, and you’ll find several historic streets in the old city centre. Its small size makes it easy to explore the town on foot. In 2014 Harlingen was a port of call for the Tall Ships Races. The town operates ferry lines to the Frisian Islands, a unique nature reserve with populations of seals, birds, and other wildlife. With its ‘gezellige’ pubs the town is a great place for a stopover.
Dates: 17 October 2021 - 30 October 2021
Embarkation: 18:00 / Disembarkation: 10:00
For Windseekers of all ages, minimum age 15 years
Windseekers joining: maximum 16
No sailing experience required!
Official language on board: English
Price includes: accommodation and meals, excludes drinks at the bar
Price excludes transportation costs to-and from the ports. Our travel counsellor can advise you and book your transfers
Windseekers need to have a health insurance and a travel insurance
Need to take with you on board: towels
This Journey is covered by the STO Garant guarantee. You can find the conditions for this guarantee scheme on STO Garant’s website (www.sto-garant.nl/en/downloads).
What does it mean?
In short: you do not pay the booking amount to Windseeker but instead into an escrow account. This trust account holds your payment in reserve until your journey’s end. The booking amount is then released to Windseeker on the day after your trip ends. If Windseeker or the Ship should become financially insolvent before the end of your trip, STO Garant will implement the guarantee. The Guarantee Scheme details how you can make a claim under the guarantee in such cases. You can read more about this here.
"I BECAME MUCH MORE CONFIDENT AND EXPLORED MY LIMITS"
Wietze (16) Netherlands
"Teamwork is the key"
Piotr (22) Poland
"Worked together with different nationalities for a week was a life changing, hilarious experience."
You sail on theTecla
One of the most splendid. Experts say this solid, authentic-rigged ship is not only one of the most beautiful herring loggers, but also a very good sailor. She has won several prizes during the Tall Ships Races and Regattas. Tecla …
It feels like we have been out for a lot longer than we actually have
Gothenburg - Blyth - Gothenburg
– by the Trainees
Logbook trainees Vega Gamleby 2016 Gothenburg-Blyth-Gothenburg
Part 2: 25-26 August
Today we have learned what all the sails and ropes are called, and what they do. We also saw dolphins again and a whale for the first time. We are getting …
* Places at request * A voyage along the Inner Hebrides. Filled with beautiful anchorages, sailing and maybe some Scotch whisky. Board the Tecla in Ullapool and set course for the archipelago of Inner Hebrides, all the way south to …
* Places at request * Following in the Vikings’ Footsteps. Board the Tecla in Iceland and slowly trace your way to Scotland along all the island groups in between. Visit the Faroe Islands, Shetland Islands, Orkney Islands and Outer Hebrides. …
* Places at request * From Greenland to Iceland. Step on board the traditional sailing ship Tecla in Nuuk, Greenland’s largest town. Spend several days exploring some of the fjords of south-west and south coast before setting sail to Iceland. …
* Places at request * A taste of the Nort-West Passage. This unique voyage will take you from Ilulissat, Greenland to Canada and back to Greenland in little over 3 weeks. Step on board in Illulissat, on the western coast …