* FULLY BOOKED * Tall Ships Challenge – Gulf Coast 2018 – Sail from Pensacola, Florida (US) to New Orleans,Louisiana. For the first time in history, Tall Ships America will bring it’s TALL SHIPS CHALLENGE Series of Tall Ships races and port festivals to the Gulf of Mexico. Join this short trip to get familiar with the Ship and enjoy the company of many other vessels sailing in the event. Feel wind in your hair, look at the stars above you, sing shanties and get familiar with a rhythm of life on a Tall Ship. Help with steering, navigating and setting the sails. Expect a festive entrance to New Orleans, with other Ships arriving for the start of a sailing festival. Extra night on board possible: € 100 / US$ 110 per night. Open for all ages, minimum age 15 years. Please make sure that your travel documents (passport, visas) are up to date. Be aware that there can be differences between arriving in country by air and by sea. We advise you to contact the US embassy in your country for details.
Pensacola, with a 450 years of historic background is a coastal city in Florida, what is full of diverse activities no matter the weather. Find yourself walking on the miles-long white beaches, visit the town full of various festivals, art and music events. With a such long history, Pensacola has something to offer in every step to any kind of taste!
New Orleans is in one of the two USA's regions located below the sea level. The city is birthplace of jazz and is well-known for its rich multicultural scene. Take a look at the European architecture in The French Quarter. Go to the Uptown, the city's most historic district. Check out the beautiful sculptures and tombs in one of 42 famous cemeteries. Take part in festivals, visit the museums and music events full of historic heritage.
New Orleans (US)
Dates: 15 April 2018 - 19 April 2018
Embarkation: 17:00 / Disembarkation: 9:00
For Windseekers of all ages, minimum age 15 years
Windseekers joining: maximum of 24
No sailing experience required!
Official language on board: English
Price includes: accommodation and meals, excludes drinks at the bar
Price excludes transportation costs to-and from the ports. Our travel counsellor can advise you and book your transfers
Need to take with you on board: towels
Stephanie (42) France
"I LEARNED THAT IT'S NEVER TOO LATE TO FIND A NEW PASSION IN LIFE."
Ang (25) Malaysia
"I conquered the fear of climbing up high."
Max (17) Germany
"The wind increased and when we took down some sails, I felt the adrenalin rush through my body"
You sail on theOosterschelde
An adventurous classic; stepping on board this monumental beauty is like stepping into another world. The atmosphere on board the Oosterschelde is one filled with history and adventure. The classical interior and brass polished details make you feel right at …
Hannson Paul, Phil Truchon
Second day ocean sailing in Rendez-Vous 2017, all is going well so far. Yesterday we had to take down all the sails and begin to use our engine towards the next checkpoint due to the lack …
We left Alicante yesterday afternoon. With a nice 5 Bft in the back, we had a nice sailing day towards the Islas Baleares. A few minutes ago (22:30 CEST) we dropped anchor in a small harbour on the NW side …
* Last places available - contact firstname.lastname@example.org before booking * Leaving A Coruña, you will sail the Bay of Biscay. Its deep waters show us often a lot of sea mammals, such as dolphins and whales.You will visit a lovely …
* Last places available - contact email@example.com before booking * You´ll start this trip in Horta (island Faial) and sail south of Piconone of the easternmost islands of the Azores. On this beautiful island you have the time to hike …
Santiago de Cuba (CU) - Bermuda (BM) - Azores (PT)
13 June - 13 July 2018
* Last places available - contact firstname.lastname@example.org before booking * Immerse yourself in the ocean swell, let everything just go and enjoy the blue sky, ocean life, the peaceful atmosphere and pleasant company. First you'll sail from Santiago de Cuba …
Galápagos Islands (EC) - Panama (PA) - Santiago de Cuba (CU)
19 May - 06 June 2018
* Last place in a female cabin available - contact email@example.com before booking * This is a journey with many highlights! You start in the Galápagos Islands, in the port of Santa Cruz, where the Anne-Margaretha is anchored. The trip …