Blyth is a town in southeast Northumberland, England. On the coast, to the south of the River Blyth, where its name comes from. The main industries were coal mining and shipbuilding, with the salt trade, fishing and the railways also playing an role. Today, the port handles up to 1.5 million tonnes of cargo. Walk over the quayside or go to the beach. Visit the market place. The lighthouse “ High Light”, was built in 3 stages; 10,66m in 1788; in 1888 4,26m was added and the final 3,82 m in 1900.