* New price! * The Liberty Tall Ships Regatta. Join the Loth Lorien in Le Havre for a wonderful event! Become part of the crew sailing on a traditional Tall Ship: set the sails, navigate, trim and work hand-in-hand with the others to win the race! Many other ships will compete for the first prize. Afterwards you will sail to Scheveningen (just outside of The Hague) where all the vessels will be gathering for a maritime festival. Enjoy the sight of so many classic ships together before you disembark and make you way back home, now filled with exciting new experiences! Open to Windseekers aged 15 and older. Ages 15-18 accompanied by an adult. Please notice that participation in the Scheveningen harbour festival is not included in this journey.
Le Havre is a large north French maritime commercial and passenger port established in the early XVI century. The city in on the UNESCO World Heritage Site for its historical buildings and is considered a birthplace of impressionism. Walk in the steps of Monet and discover the places you know from modern art. Take a hiking tour, visit one of the nearby castles (chateau), the Graville abbey, see the hanging gardens or take a walk in one of the many city parks.
Scheveningen is a popular sea resort in the Netherlands, a stone’s throw away from the seat of government in The Hague. It has a busy marina and a lively (somewhat kitschy) promenade – great for an afternoon of sightseeing. You’ll also find plenty to do nearby. Go for a walk in the dune landscape or take a tour around the Palace of Peace. Visit Madurodam to see the Netherlands rebuilt in miniature, check out the city centre of The Hague, or explore the beach and perhaps even go kitesurfing.
Le Havre (FR)
Dates: 16 June 2019 - 21 June 2019
Embarkation: 17:00 / Disembarkation: 13:00
For Windseekers of all ages, minimum age 15 years
Windseekers joining: maximum of 35
No sailing experience required!
Official languages on board: English, Dutch and German
Price includes: accommodation and meals, excludes drinks at the bar
Price excludes transportation costs to-and from the ports. Our travel counsellor can advise you and book your transfers
Windseekers need to have a health insurance and a travel insurance
Need to take with you on board: towels
Stephanie (42) France
"I LEARNED THAT IT'S NEVER TOO LATE TO FIND A NEW PASSION IN LIFE."
"When anchored at sea in the sun, I had not a care in the world"
Wietze (16) Netherlands
"Teamwork is the key"
You sail on theLoth Lorien
The Loth Loriën is a modern three-masted barquentine of 48 meters in length. The wind in the sails, the sundeck and a jacuzzi on deck - these are the best prospects for an eventful and relaxing sailing trip
– by Charlotte (26, UK) and Pernille (20, Denmark)
We were lucky as a watch this morning and didn’t go on sail watch until 8am. Some people had to get up to make breakfast but the rest of us enjoyed our lie in and were bright eyed and eager. …
Being a trainee on board a tall ship is an experience you can’t compare with everyday life. This is my short article about how it is to sail with the Morgenster before and during the Tall Ships Races.
We all met …
* New Prices! * Tall Ships Races 2019 - Race 1. Join the Maybe for the first race of this year’s Tall Ships Races. Sail from Denmark to Norway and enjoy the challenge of racing other vessels. Take the helm, …
* New Prices! * Tall Ships Races 2019 - Cruise in Company. Join the Ship in Fredrikstad on the 13th of July, ready to cruise along the breakthtaking coast of Norway, to a final race departure port. Enjoy the landscapes …
* FULLY BOOKED * Tall Ships Races 2019: Cruise in Company. Sail the magnificent Tall Ship along the Norwegian coastline and discover Sorlandet’s home country. This leg of the event is more relaxed, giving you the time to take in …