A wonderful trip on Alexander von Humboldt II from Tenerife to Gran Canaria. This sunny vacation in the middle of winter will help you re-charge your batteries until spring comes. Enjoy island hopping in mild Canarian weather, take trips on volcanic islands and swim in the blue ocean! Watch out for the sea turtles, dolphins and – if you’re lucky – whales! Languages on board are mainly German and English. In addition extra, per person € 50, – for harbor fees, pilotage and canal feescalculated. Surcharge for 2-bed cabin 25% p.p. For all Windseekers, minimum age 18 years.
Santa Cruz de Tenerife is the shared capital of the Canary Islands, together with Las Palmas de Gran Canaria. The central square Plaza de España is a real eye-catcher, situated between the ocean and the old, bustling city centre. Lose yourself in the crowded alleys, find a spot on one of the terraces, or leave town and discover the rugged volcanic landscape. The museum of Nature and Man is worth a visit. Chances are you’ll find pilot whales in the waters around Tenerife, so keep an eye out!
Las Palmas de Gran Canaria is a cosmopolitan town, the shared capital (with Santa Cruz) of the Canary Islands. Situated on the ‘wet’ north side, the city feels more authentic than the touristy places on the ‘dry’ south side. Las Palmas offers beaches, cheap shopping, culture and excitement with a night life, primarily in the district of Vegueta. Its culture is decidedly Spanish, mixed with influences from all over the world, as Las Palmas’ port has been in operation for centuries.
Santa Cruz de Tenerife (ES)
Las Palmas de Gran Canaria (ES)
Dates: 12 January 2018 - 21 January 2018
Embarkation: 16:00 / Disembarkation: 10:00
For Windseekers of all ages, minimum age 18 years
Windseekers joining: maximum 54
No sailing experience required!
Official language on board: English and German
Price includes: accommodation and meals, excludes drinks at the bar
Price excludes transportation costs to-and from the ports. Our travel counsellor can advise you and book your transfers
Windseekers need to have a health insurance and a travel insurance
Need to take with you on board: towels
Mark Quirijn (24) Netherlands
"It has been a wonderful experience. And I have found two incredible friends."
Ida (19) Finland
"The best moment was when we crossed the finish line and everybody celebrated together. The tone was simply unforgettable!"
Lieven (23) Belgium
"Setting sails: always fantastic."
You sail on theAlexander von Humboldt II
Alexander von Humboldt II
The Alexander von Humboldt II is a sail training ship in every possible way. She was built by and for sail trainers. She meets high safety standards and has modern nautical and technical facilities. The permanent crew members are specially …
The most spectacular theatrical performance Mother Nature had to offer
Vega Gamleby, 27 August 2016
Gothenburg - Blyth - Gothenburg
– by the Trainees
Logbook trainees Vega Gamleby 2016 Gothenburg-Blyth-Gothenburg
Part 3: 27-31 August
Today was one of the best days in my life. The whole crew played volleyball on the beach.
Then be mice for the crew parade and we WON! Yeah!
So now I will …
– by Charlotte (26, UK) and Pernille (20, Denmark)
We were lucky as a watch this morning and didn’t go on sail watch until 8am. Some people had to get up to make breakfast but the rest of us enjoyed our lie in and were bright eyed and eager. …
* Last places available - contact firstname.lastname@example.org before booking * Leaving A Coruña, you will sail the Bay of Biscay. Its deep waters show us often a lot of sea mammals, such as dolphins and whales.You will visit a lovely …
* Last places available - contact email@example.com before booking * You´ll start this trip in Horta (island Faial) and sail south of Piconone of the easternmost islands of the Azores. On this beautiful island you have the time to hike …
Santiago de Cuba (CU) - Bermuda (BM) - Azores (PT)
13 June - 13 July 2018
* Last places available - contact firstname.lastname@example.org before booking * Immerse yourself in the ocean swell, let everything just go and enjoy the blue sky, ocean life, the peaceful atmosphere and pleasant company. First you'll sail from Santiago de Cuba …
Galápagos Islands (EC) - Panama (PA) - Santiago de Cuba (CU)
19 May - 06 June 2018
* Last place in a female cabin available - contact email@example.com before booking * This is a journey with many highlights! You start in the Galápagos Islands, in the port of Santa Cruz, where the Anne-Margaretha is anchored. The trip …