Milemaker with Oosterschelde! Cross the Atlantic Ocean from Bermuda to the beautiful Azores and end up in St. Peters sailorscafe in Horta. Open for all ages, minimum age 15 years.
Saint George (often called St. George's, a confusion with the parish it is in) is the second town and former capital of Bermuda. Founded in 1612, the town still keeps its historic colonial centre (a UNESCO World Heritage site) – stroll around King's square and feel what the Caribbean was like under the British Empire. Choose to tour heritage buildings or the oldest remaining fortifications in the New World, built to protect the city from attacks by pirates and Spaniards.
Horta is situated in the western part of the Archipelago of the Azores on the island of Faial. The marina is a primary stop for yachts crossing the Atlantic. Its walls and walkways are covered in paintings created by the crews of visiting ships. Peter's Cafe Sport, located across from the marina, houses the island's scrimshaw museum. A collection of artefacts carved from whale tooth and jawbone. This café is a point of reference for trans-Atlantic yachtsmen and sailors.
Saint George (BM)
Dates: 12 May 2018 - 27 May 2018
Embarkation: 17:00 / Disembarkation: 9:00
For Windseekers of all ages, minimum age 15 years
Windseekers joining: maximum of 24
No sailing experience required!
Official language on board: English
Price includes: accommodation and meals, excludes drinks at the bar
Price excludes transportation costs to-and from the ports. Our travel counsellor can advise you and book your transfers
Windseekers need to have a health insurance and a travel insurance
Need to take with you on board: towels
Wietze (16) Netherlands
"Teamwork is the key"
Barnabas (22) Hungary
"IT WAS AN ABSOLUTE JOY TO STEER FOR HOURS WHEN THE WIND WAS BLOWING AND EVEN WHEN IT WAS COMPETELY DEAD. I LOVED TO SEE THE SEA, I LOVED THE SILENCE OF THE OCEAN."
Piotr (22) Poland
"Worked together with different nationalities for a week was a life changing, hilarious experience."
You sail on theOosterschelde
An adventurous classic; stepping on board this monumental beauty is like stepping into another world. The atmosphere on board the Oosterschelde is one filled with history and adventure. The classical interior and brass polished details make you feel right at …
– by Charlotte (26, UK) and Pernille (20, Denmark)
We were lucky as a watch this morning and didn’t go on sail watch until 8am. Some people had to get up to make breakfast but the rest of us enjoyed our lie in and were bright eyed and eager. …
It feels like we have been out for a lot longer than we actually have
Vega Gamleby, 25 August 2016
Gothenburg - Blyth - Gothenburg
– by the Trainees
Logbook trainees Vega Gamleby 2016 Gothenburg-Blyth-Gothenburg
Part 2: 25-26 August
Today we have learned what all the sails and ropes are called, and what they do. We also saw dolphins again and a whale for the first time. We are getting …
* Last places available - contact firstname.lastname@example.org before booking * Leaving A Coruña, you will sail the Bay of Biscay. Its deep waters show us often a lot of sea mammals, such as dolphins and whales.You will visit a lovely …
* Last places available - contact email@example.com before booking * You´ll start this trip in Horta (island Faial) and sail south of Piconone of the easternmost islands of the Azores. On this beautiful island you have the time to hike …
Santiago de Cuba (CU) - Bermuda (BM) - Azores (PT)
13 June - 13 July 2018
* Last places available - contact firstname.lastname@example.org before booking * Immerse yourself in the ocean swell, let everything just go and enjoy the blue sky, ocean life, the peaceful atmosphere and pleasant company. First you'll sail from Santiago de Cuba …
Galápagos Islands (EC) - Panama (PA) - Santiago de Cuba (CU)
19 May - 06 June 2018
* Last place in a female cabin available - contact email@example.com before booking * This is a journey with many highlights! You start in the Galápagos Islands, in the port of Santa Cruz, where the Anne-Margaretha is anchored. The trip …