The Tall Ships Challenge 2018. Board the Picton Castle in Galveston, Texas, and sail together with a fleet of many other Tall Ships, small ships and Yachts along the southern coast of the US. Set the sails, navitage, and steer the Ship towards Pensacola, Florida, where the celebrations of a sailing festival will await you. You will have the unique chance to join the festival as part of a crew, instead of simply being a spectator. No sailing experience required, selection process applies. Open for all Windseekers, minimum age 15 years.
Galveston is an island city in Texas located next to the Gulf of Mexico. If you are into history, Galveston is definitely your place to visit, because it is home to six historic districts, so museums and mansions. Take a peek at the Rainforest Pyramid in the Moody Gardens botanical park, visit the free admission Galveston Arts Center and discover the Strand district full of historic heritage.
Pensacola, with a 450 years of historic background is a coastal city in Florida, what is full of diverse activities no matter the weather. Find yourself walking on the miles-long white beaches, visit the town full of various festivals, art and music events. With a such long history, Pensacola has something to offer in every step to any kind of taste!
Dates: 6 April 2018 - 13 April 2018
For Windseekers of all ages, minimum age 15 years
Windseekers joining: maximum of 40
No sailing experience required!
Official language on board: English
Price includes: accommodation and meals, excludes drinks at the bar
Price excludes transportation costs to-and from the ports. Our travel counsellor can advise you and book your transfers
Windseekers need to have a health insurance and a travel insurance
Need to take with you on board: sleeping bags and towels
Stephanie (42) France
"I LEARNED THAT IT'S NEVER TOO LATE TO FIND A NEW PASSION IN LIFE."
Lieven (23) Belgium
"Setting sails: always fantastic."
Tan (17) Turkey
"If you believe and push yourself there is nothing you can't do."
You sail on thePicton Castle
Deep water, square rigger, ocean voyaging at its best. The barque Picton Castle is known for her international voyages, crossing oceans and a high standard of seamanship training. This 179-foot sailing ship accommodates 52 people, including 12 professional crew members …
I wrote this before my 'after-breakfast-nap' on the last day of sailing:
"It's the last day of sailing at the Statsraad Lehmkuhl, The Tall Ships Races. We are coming closer to the finishing line and I am finally writing something. I'm …
– by Charlotte (26, UK) and Pernille (20, Denmark)
We were lucky as a watch this morning and didn’t go on sail watch until 8am. Some people had to get up to make breakfast but the rest of us enjoyed our lie in and were bright eyed and eager. …
* Last places available - contact email@example.com before booking * Leaving A Coruña, you will sail the Bay of Biscay. Its deep waters show us often a lot of sea mammals, such as dolphins and whales.You will visit a lovely …
* Last places available - contact firstname.lastname@example.org before booking * You´ll start this trip in Horta (island Faial) and sail south of Piconone of the easternmost islands of the Azores. On this beautiful island you have the time to hike …
Santiago de Cuba (CU) - Bermuda (BM) - Azores (PT)
13 June - 13 July 2018
* Last places available - contact email@example.com before booking * Immerse yourself in the ocean swell, let everything just go and enjoy the blue sky, ocean life, the peaceful atmosphere and pleasant company. First you'll sail from Santiago de Cuba …
Galápagos Islands (EC) - Panama (PA) - Santiago de Cuba (CU)
19 May - 06 June 2018
* Last place in a female cabin available - contact firstname.lastname@example.org before booking * This is a journey with many highlights! You start in the Galápagos Islands, in the port of Santa Cruz, where the Anne-Margaretha is anchored. The trip …